Today some information about Google’s new open source browser called Google Chrome came up.
Google Chrome has a different UI-Design compared to other browsers especially regarding tabs. Google Chrome tabs will be on top of the address bar so every tab has its own address bar. Beside that every tab will run its own process to improve stability.
Update: Google’s official blog was updated with informations about the new browser project. They say the first beta of Google Chrome will be released tomorrow just for Windows while versions for Mac OS X and Linux will follow soon.
Update 3: Google Chrome seems to have problems with some of my transparent PNGs:
Update 4: There are some nice articles about various aspects of Chrome available in the web:
- Matt Cutts tries to prevent paranoia and explains when Google Chrome talks home.
- Gina from lifehacker.com dissects Google Chrome’s Full List of Special about: Pages.
- Google explains their priorities regarding different Platforms.
- The Chromium Developer Documentation is available too.
- And it seems Google cut out some features of WebKit like text-shadow.
Have a comment?
Hit me up @firstname.lastname@example.org
Found something useful?
Say thanks with BTC or ETH
Edit on GitHub
Contribute to this post